Tuesday, February 26, 2008


Ben got the chair from the cool kid Konstantin Grcic...of whose work you see very few "limeted edition" collector style pieces. Grcic is one af a small sect of designers that sees themselves as industrial designers first--not artists. Interesting choice for the conversation.

Zoe Ryan picked Ross Lovegrove's 'go' chair. I watched Ross Lovegrove do a Ted talk and he really believes that his designs will save the world too, mau should've nabbed Zoe's chair-it wouldn't have been the rudest thing to happen to her that evening


Kipnis picked the chair by the most playful designer except maybe Starck


Bruce Mau-obviously not the "ego chair", Pietro Arosio is a much better designer than Mau, um..unless you use Mau's definition of design--you know, the one that made everybody cringe during the symposium...Anyway, Arosio's catalogue is full of Italian minimal design which is reight angle heavy and very very lean--he even has a contemporary update to Mies's daybed with no tufting-awesome!
Aaron Betsky ero (s) by phillipe Srtarck-Mr. Starck is actually a very intelligent designer I've read a very good description of his own work in phaidon book I think. I'll find it and qoute it soon

No comments: